Hi! My name is Christine Selleck Tremoulet. I’ve been blogging here at this site – with the original name of BlahBlahBlog – since 2000. I changed the name in 2002 because BigPinkCookie is a *lot* easier to say out loud. Plus it makes you smile when you say it.
Those things are important when choosing a name for a business. I like naming things. Including WordPress. Yes, really. No, I didn’t work for them.
I’m married to the most wonderful husband in the world, Mike. We met because of our blogs but we didn’t meet online. I have a son, Jason. We have only one cat these days, Maggie.
I am a creative geek. I picked up photography when I was in high school – at the same time that I took my first computer programming courses – and I’ve been in love with it ever since. Photography has always been my first love. Being a geek has been my second.
I realized long ago that creating websites and photography have a lot in common – there is a science behind the beauty. It is a combination of both. I read somewhere the other day that someone described themselves as being “Center Brained” and it is the perfect description for me.
In addition to being a Wedding & Boudoir Photographer, I write often about using the Internet to make the most of your business.
In the summer of 2021, I joined the team at AfterShoot, an AI Culling Software that professional photographers use as part of their editing workflow, as the “Chief of Growth”. It is the most incredible culmination of 20 years of working online with websites, software, photographers, marketing, branding, and business strategy – all rolled in to one.
Other facts about this blog:
– I was once the #1 Christine on Google. Just Christine. Then they changed their algorithm and the Stephen King movie by the same name knocked me out of that spot thanks to Wikipedia and IMDB. My goal is to be back to #1 someday.
– I was once in the Technorati Top 100 blogs.
– My blogs have been featured in the New York Times, the Houston Chronicle, and “Online! The Book” by John Dvorak and Chris Pirillo.
– I have been featured a number of times in Lockergnome newsletters, on Chris Pirillo’s blog, and even made the Top 10 Blogs that Chris Pirillo reads on the Call for Help Show.
– I am famous on the Internet.
When I wrote my previous about page (Oct. 27, 2006 – and updated on January 9, 2008), I’m wasn’t feeling creative – so I swiped a meme for it. By the way, that is pronounced meeeeeme – like mime but with an e in there. It is not a “me me” – like the word “me” repeated twice – as I have heard some people say. Just so we are clear on that.
Also, blogsite? Not a word. You have a website. It is in the format of a blog. It is not, nor will it ever be, a blogsite. *shiver*
48 Things You Could Care Less About (Originally posted on October 27, 2006; updated on January 9, 2008. Updates in italics.)
1. FIRST NAME? Christine
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not my first name. My middle name, Eliese, is from my father’s side of the family. They didn’t use it for my first name because they didn’t want people to call me Ellie. (Whew!) I considered using it as my first name when we moved to Houston in the middle of my sophomore year in high school, but instead decided to stop going by Chris and go by Christine instead. Now I can not stand to be called Chris. Seriously. Don’t do it.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Tuesday night, while flipping out about my Organic Chemistry class. Last weekend, when talking with a friend. By the way, I dropped that Organic Chemistry class right after I answered this meme the first time around. My teacher was simply insane!
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I rarely eat lunchmeat, but every time I see this meme I start to crave bologna. Oscar Meyer bologna. It can ONLY be Oscar Meyer too. One of my so many food quirks.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Most of the time. Sometimes I would be tempted to tell myself to shut up though.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I think the blog counts. I have been doing it since 2000, so it has been through a lot with me.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No, and yet I had tonsilitis with a 101 degree fever back in 2002. That sucked. (It seems you still have these nodules left behind when they remove your tonsils, and they can get infected too. Ew.)
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not just no, but HELL NO.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don’t do cereal. Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch and Crunchberries are all yummy, but I can’t handle the sugar.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I don’t wear shoes that tie. My shoes of choice are my Birkenstocks in the summer and open-backed – easy to kick off! – shoes in the winter. A perk of living in Houston. Still don’t wear shoes that tie normally, but now I wear Skecher’s trainers, which have a velcro strap across them. I can wear them for 10 hours comfortably while at a wedding, which is so very important!
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically? No. Emotionally? A lot more than I used to be. Still true in 2008 on both counts. Working on the physical strength issue.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Lemon sorbet from a gelato stand. Not something I can find in Houston, but I have had delicious Limone in Philadelphia, Boston, and Paris. Have since discovered good sorbet in Houston, but don’t go there often. Favorite Baskin Robbins ice cream is Gold Medal Ribbon, since the 1980s.
14. SHOE SIZE? 39 (Birks) or somewhere between a 7.5 and 8.5. All depends on the shoes.
15. RED OR PINK? Do you have to ask? Although, honestly, I do have quite a fondness for red. How about I say both?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I have learned in my Psychology of Self-Awareness class that I should not focus on the negative things. But since the question has been asked, I would pick my arms. I seem to have never-ending hand, elbow & shoulder problems, which makes working out almost impossible.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Old friends that have been lost over time, but no one in particular that I feel up to calling out here.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? What is this, 1997? I am not mailing this to anyone. Don’t send it back to me, post it on your own blog.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Pink housepants (hooooouusepaaaaants), a light sage green t-shirt, and no shoes. 2008: blue housepants, a maroon t-shirt, and again no shoes.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chopped beef sandwich at Pappas BBQ. Yum. 2008: pizza from the pizza place next to Huts in Austin, since Huts was closed. Yum!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The air conditioner unit outside, because the AC is still on in Houston in late October. 2008: 13 Going on 30 – I adore this movie.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Do I have to pick one? Can’t I be all of them? I love crayons.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Vanilla, good food, my Lush Karma shampoo bar.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Mike, who is in Holland right now for work. He calls at midnight when he gets up – it is 7am over there – and then I am supposed to go to bed. Obviously, I am busy doing this first. Priorities and all that. 2008 – Mike again. I’m in Austin, so he called from Houston before he went to bed.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Yes, all of them.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Evil Pepsi, Diet Sprite, Sugar Free Cherry Kool-aid, or a good margarita.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? I adore watching ice skating. In general, I don’t do sports, although I do love going to a good baseball game.
29. EYE COLOR? Blue
30. HAT SIZE? Not a clue.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I have in the past, and I might go back to them again. As much as I like my glasses, it is a lot easier to take photographs when you are wearing contacts. 2008: I was wearing them again this summer, and then got sick so I wasn’t wearing them. Now need to build back up wearing them again before the wedding season kicks in soon.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? A kick-ass steak. Cheese.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I don’t like scary movies – not because they are scary, but because they are generally cheesy. Give me a good strong mystery drama with some suspense any day.
34. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO TO WASTE TIME? Any time I start up the laptop, I get sucked into The Online for hours and hours. Blogs, e-mail, news – I just can’t get enough information. I also like to knit. (The majority of those blogs? Knitblogs.)
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Wait. There is something besides summer?
36. HUGS OR KISSES? No one should have to pick between these two.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? I’m not a big dessert person. My favorite cake is chocolate with a good cream cheese frosting. I like good, gooey brownies without nuts. Nuts should never be mixed in my brownies, fudge, or cookies. They are just wrong. Oh! Speaking of cookies, I like them too. Especially sugar cookies or snickerdoodles.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Respond? I’m not e-mailing this to anyone.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Again.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? There is a stack of knitting books on the bed right now, but I’m not really reading them – I was browsing through the patterns and daydreaming. I have a huge stack of books waiting for me to read them. Soon.
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse. I use a Dell Latitude laptop and it has a touchpad. I don’t like to use a mouse.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? I didn’t watch TV last night. When I do watch it, I almost always watch shows I have previously recorded on my Tivo. Mmmm, Tivo.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Silence.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? I lived in Germany for a year and a half, and while there I went to Czechoslovakia in 1991. It was cold, raining, dreary, and no one spoke English. I ended up going off on my own, but it was no fun. I did buy some nice inexpensive crystal though. I want to go back when it is sunny, and I think now that some time has passed since the end of the Communist regime the whole experience would be a lot better.
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? What is this, an application for America’s Got Talent? *rolling my eyes* I don’t know, knitting? 2008: Photography too. Duh. 😉
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Fargo, North Dakota. I’ve never seen the movie though, in case you wondered.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? No one. I’ve seen it on a lot of blogs.