I’ve been busily working behind the scenes to tweak different things here and there and I realized a few things that I wanted the feedback of other people on. I realize that ultimately it’s my blog, but I was thinking it would be an interesting study in what users really like, what they use, what matters to them. Sort of my own little usability survey, all about blogs. I think we can all learn from it in some way. Am I the only person that wonders about these things?
1. Do you really care what time I made a post at? I mean, does it matter to you that this is being posted at 7:45pm or can I just lose it?
2. What do you think of those little icon thingies for links instead of words? (David Gagne uses them and I’ve always sort of liked them.)
3. What about categories? Do you care what category I posted this in? Do you ever go and look at other posts in the category? I think categories are useful & I will continue to use them and always list them in the archives, but the bigger question is … do you care when you read the post?
4. Skins. I pulled them the other night because I was too exhausted to tweak all of the header graphics. I probably won’t bring them all back, but which one do you miss? Was there a certain one that was your favorite that you want to see revived? No point in bringing them all back if some of them weren’t even being used. Plus I have ideas for some new ones to be coming soon.
5. Aside from more “cookies”, is there anything else you would like to see here? Now is your chance to speak up and be heard!
Thank you for participating. Please drop your surveys in the box when you have finished and have a good day!