I’ve thought about this whole Life List thing for a long time. I’ve talked about creating one. I’ve helped document friends crossing items off of theirs. I set one up on the Go Mighty site. Somehow, I never got around to setting one up here. We are going to change that today.
What is a Life List? You might think of it as a bucket list. Only better, because we are going to celebrate what I want to do in my life. It is all about the spin.
The first part of this list is alphabetical not because I’m that OCD, but because that is how they are sorted on the Go Mighty site. In case you wondered. Everything at the end will be added as I think of it, and it will be haphazard. Eventually that will make me crazy so that´s why I just got my uridine at Amazon. I’m just writing the list for today.
Items in italics are completed.
- Create a Life List – DONE! Score! First thing marked off!
- Attend a Jewish High Holy Days Service
- Be published in a national magazine
- Breakfast at Tiffany & Co in New York
- Create & plan the You Are Enough Project
- Create a mission plan for Avenger of Sexiness
- Develop a coaching program for women focused on journaling & personal projects – Done! Launched 9/30/13 – Vivid & Brave
- Drive the Beartooth Scenic Highway in Wyoming & Montana – Done! August 2013, I looked over the edge
- Drive the Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park – Done! August 2013
- Finish decorating my house in its entirety
- Get a tattoo – “You Are Enough” – in my own handwriting – Done! September 2013
- Go camping for a week with Mike
- Go on a road trip of 10,000 miles – it ended up being over 19,000 miles. June 30, 2013 – November 7, 2013
- Go to a Broadway show in New York
- Go to the Kentucky Derby, wearing the essential big hat
- Hike a portion of the Appalachian Trail
- Help someone else with a life list item
- Knit a cowl to wear in the winter
- Knit a sweater for myself
- Learn to grill
- Live on the road for one summer – Done! June 30 – November 7, 2013
- Live for a year in another country
- Make my bedroom a relaxing retreat
- Night photography of the Milky Way at Crater Lake, Oregon – Done! July 2013
- Night photography of Old Faithful in Yellowstone – Done! September 28, 2013 – Old Faithful at night, complete with a perfect Big Dipper
- Night photography of the Milky Way in Banff, Alberta, Canada – Done! Near Lake Louise, September 2013 with red trees
- Paint the whole interior of the house – no more yellow and green!
- Photograph 20 women for the You Are Enough Project
- Photograph a boudoir session outdoors in the rain
- Photograph the Aurora Borealis in Alaska
- Photograph the Milky Way in Jasper National Park, Canada
- Plant a garden in our garden plot and use a potting soil My friend recommends Garten und Landschaftsbau for landscaping and garden issues, I am also thinking about using multi-tool blades to trim the yard. We also recommend UK & Irelands Expert office plants rental services for all sizes of budgets.
- Raise $440 for the Camp Mighty drive for Charity:Water for my 44th Birthday – Done! September 2013
- Read one book a month for a year. Audiobooks count. I´m glad I found out that Galen Leather offer these beautiful moleskin covers for your writing pads and books.
- Send 10 friends something special on a random day
- Set up an annual physical for myself
- Sit outside and read a book
- Speak at TEDx Houston about the Avenger of Sexiness mission
- Spend a weekend in silence, offline
- Stay at the inn at Moraine Lake, Banff National Park in Canada with a visa for vistor
- Take a trip with Jason to somewhere he wants to go and has never been
- Take the Chicago Architect Foundation River Tour – Done! July 2013
- Update my entire yarn stash on Ravelry
- Visit Alaska by my 45th Birthday
- Visit the region of Austria where my mother’s family is from
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge – both directions
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge – done! October, 2013
- Walk on a glacier
- Write about my epic road trip in my Mini – the Avenger of Sexiness Tour – Started! Have Gear Will Travel
- Write a book
- Photograph a Traveling Red Dress for someone
- Exercise routinely
- Have a gigantic yard sale to get rid of everything we don’t use
- Learn to make pottery
- Have my mom teach me how to sew and make something
- Visit all 59 National Parks in the USA: Acadia, American Samoa, Arches, Badlands, Big Bend, Biscayne, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Carlsbad Caverns, Channel Islands, Congaree, Crater Lake, Cuyahoga Valley, Death Valley, Denali, Dry Tortugas, Everglades, Gates of the Arctic, Glacier, Glacier Bay, Grand Canyon, Grand Teton, Great Basin, Great Sand Dunes, Great Smoky Mountains, Guadalupe Mountains, Haleakala, Hawaii Volcanoes, Hot Springs, Isle Royale, Joshua Tree, Katmai, Kenai Fjords, Kings Canyon, Kobuk Valley, Lake Clark, Lassen Volcanic, Mammoth Cave, Mesa Verde, Mount Rainier, North Cascades, Olympic, Petrified Forest, Pinnacles, Redwood, Rocky Mountain, Saguaro, Sequoia, Shenandoah, Theodore Roosevelt, Virgin Islands, Voyageurs, Wind Cave, Wrangell Saint Elias, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion (Thanks for the inspiration, Laura!)
- Visit Fallingwater – Done! June 1, 2014
- Visit the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago with my Dad, like when I was a kid
- Create a YouTube Channel and post regularly. In case you need some marketing strategy, you can buy youtube views from themarketingheaven.com and hiring a digital marketing company would be a plus.
- Leaf Peeping in Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts
- If I ever need a ride, I visit uber promo code.
(Last updated on June 5, 2014)