Libra represents the Air element. It is a sign that is more extroverted and active. For Venus-inspired Libra, beauty, balance and harmony are important. There is a great need to share, to be fair and impartial. Even with this need for calm, Libra remains a very active, outwardly radiating personality. Libra is the cheerleader we all need to work together and build a team! With all of these positives here, how can the sign of The Scales be unbalanced? Sometimes loving Libra can need others too much and fall into the trap of dependency. The need for partnership leads this sign to falsely believe that there is no personhood with a partner. The temptation is to give away too much to others and reserve too little for oneself. Then life reels out of control. Trying to be too fair undermines decision-making abilities. Libra may fear making the wrong choice or upsetting others. Inward-focused energy restores balance. Libras thrive when they give themselves permission to take care of themselves. [via Creative Outlet]
I laughed as I read this. Here’s why:
– I can be extroverted. Some days I’m very introverted. It depends on my mood & who is around.
– Fair & impartial … I drive my best friend, Chelsey, crazy because I always try to see “the other side”. She says I always make excuses for everyone – but really I just want to be fair and believe in the good of man.
– Team work! Team work! I just told the boss here the other day that I am all about the team. I will do whatever I can to help everyone work together as a productive team.
– Dependent? Hell yes. 8+ years in a relationship, and part of it was out of fear of the unknown if I left. Now I think I’m afraid to get in to a new relationship because what if I become dependent like that again?
– It took me 20 years, but I finally learned that I *can* be someone without a partner. I don’t have to be dating to be someone. I’m glad I finally learned that lesson.
– I tend to give away too much. I have gotten better about it, but I still overextend myself at times.
– Decisions? You want me to decide something? Well, give me awhile, I have to weigh out every single pro & con very carefully. And I’ll end up arguing with myself about my decision and change my mind at least 3 times along the way.
– I went “inward” over the weekend. It was very refreshing and I have a lot of energy now.
– I need to remember to take care of myself. I sometimes forget in the madness of trying to please everyone else.