Not only am I going to do Promo Guy’s Monday Mission early – I should be the first one doing it since I just posted it for him! Read on if you want to see the rest…
1. What is your favorite snack food? Does anyone you know have weird tastes in snacks?
I’m not too much of a snack food person, but I did make a point to ask my Dad to bring me what I call “Fake Popcorn” back with him from Minnesota this summer. It’s made by Old Dutch and it’s sort of like Pirate’s Booty, only MUCH better. Delicious!
2. Ever caught yourself saying “well it can’t get any worse” and it does? What’s the story there?
I’m sure it has happened, but I don’t remember any specific details. I’m generally an optimistic person and I tend to search for the silver lining.
3. I have a super-short attention span, and it always was my downfall in school, especially math class. What’s your attention span like and how has it served you?
If I’m not challenged, you’re not going to get my attention for long. Just a plan and simple fact. And my grades in college suffered whenever I took the “easy” classes because I didn’t bother to put any effort in to them.
4. Do you believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials?
Yes. Why should we be so egotistical to think that we are the only life forms in the universe? I’ve always thought that there just has to be more.
5. What do you think of the whole “crop circles” phenomenon?
Sometimes I wonder if someone is making the whole thing up, but then you look at them, how intricate they are and so forth – and I think it’s quite possible that they are created by some other life force.
6. Ever had a time where you begin visiting with someone you don’t know all that well and just find you “click” like long lost pals? Tell me about how that came to happen, and who was it? What kind of things do you have in common?
Years ago when I lived in Germany I met a guy named Russ. We talked for hours that night, and spent most of the entire weekend together. I drove him crazy because I could complete his sentences. Unfortunately, circumstances in life at the time meant that we weren’t meant to be together. I’ve wondered where I would be now if that had been different.
7. When I was at the cemetery a few weeks ago, I began to recall my Dad’s funeral so many years ago. It is so vivid, sitting there in the family room as his friends passed by and paid their respects, the music, his face, the tears. What funeral do you remember most vividly?
There is only one funeral that I remember because it was the only one I’ve ever been to – we went to the funeral of my teacher’s mother when I was in grade school. I’ve been to a few memorial services, and it was good to see so many people gathered together to remember someone they loved.
BONUS: How can I forget you, girl?
You know, that is a really good question. I mean, how could anyone forget me?