Fooljay from the MT support boards has tons of cool things on his site at Openwire – OPP Tool Talk. I just sent of my “I’ll beta test!” e-mail for the search feature. Even if no one else uses it, I use it to find things I have “bookmarked” here – I don’t use regular bookmarks in my browser, I write about it here and that way I can search for it easily. It is the one thing I have missed since I transitioned from Greymatter.
In case you have the “which is better for me, MT or GM?” question, here are some reasons I love MT:
– I can post to any of my MT blogs from one bookmarklet, making it easier to update on the fly.
– One MT interface for all blogs – so I can go to one central location to maintain this site, Worth Keeping and I am a Betty Crocker Wannabe.
– One MT interface means only one install of MT on my server, leaving more free space. (All of my domains are hosted in one giant account.)
– MT does not take FOREVER to rebuild when I make a change to my templates. Even if I rebuild all of them including my 700 individual entries, my weekly archives and my monthly archives.
– MT easily imported all of my GM entries.
– MT is still in development by the original creators. Not a group of people making hacks for it, but actual growing & changing software.
– I like the pretty interface. (It looks a lot like the MT website)
– I can easily “export” all of my entries so I can keep a back up. I do this about once a week, sometimes twice – just in case I lose the server or something.
– All the cool people use MT. (Ok, not really – but I had to see if you were paying attention!)
– Categories. I don’t use the for this site, but I am about to add them to the recipe site, and I think they would be handy for the “Worth Keeping” site too. I am going to post more entries first so I can see what categories I need to add.
Hmmm… I think that pretty much covers it. If you have any questions feel free to let me know. Hey Candi, no one has asked for my help yet – is that a sign?