Today had great moments of light hearted glee interspersed with some really sad news about a dear friend and her family’s crisis. It made me feel really guilty about how happy I was feeling about some of the other things in my day. Funny how sometimes you are reminded that while you think you may have troubles, they really could be so much worse, isn’t it?
But that’s the point of finding the positive moments in the day, so here are some of mine. I’m not going to pick just one. (I’m a Libra, what can I say?)
– Being able to be there for a friend in her time of need, and while words could not help make anything better, being able to talk to her and hopefully help ease some of her pain.
– Realizing this afternoon that I have gone through the whole day without a headache. Wheeee! It’s nice to be clear-thinking.
– Having Jason request “Father-Son time” so that he could shop with Mike to find a few more shirts for school. Sure, as his Mom, I wanted to be a part of it too, but it’s fabulous to see him get along so well with Mike. I went off and browsed on my own so that they could have some time together checking out the shirts. (I still said “no!” to the “I See Stupid People” with Homer Simpson. Some things are just not appropriate for school.)
– Signing up to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator under Kathy yesterday and signing up for a domain for it today! SassyStamps.com, coming soon to a browser near you!
– Pizza for dinner. I’m about to go back to the South Beach thing, hard core, so pizza was a nice “end of summer” treat.
– Talking to friends today. After the heavy moments, the light-hearted ones were nice. I’m looking forward to my plans for later this week!