My life is a list of bullet points recently, it seems. Not really – but that is the easiest way to sum it up here.
– I have taken on a contract assignment at Schipul to assist with some site migrations. I’m knee deep into using Tendenci and all I can say is … WOW. It is FANTASTIC. Wonderful. Amazing. I love it. It is like all of my dreams back when I worked at a web design company full time have come true. And everyone here is fantastic. I *heart* Schipul.
– I have photos to finish editing. Lots of photos. I will be working on that tonight. And tomorrow night. And so on.
– I’m working with Erica to make big plans for our future. Originally we said we were going to take over the world. We have since realized that instead of taking over the world, we would much rather leave our mark on the world. After all, there is enough room for everyone in the tech field to work together.
– Speaking of working together, I am still aghast over what has been going on in the blogosphere lately. Once again, I agree with Erica’s sentiments on this (not shocking, since we discussed it last night before she wrote that post). No one deserves to be torn down just because they have done wonderful things for the community. I don’t want to dwell on it, but instead I hope to put positive energy out there in the world. I have to say though, I agree with Chris Pirillo too. Mean people suck.
I have a zillion posts planned in my head, and I just need to make time to write them out. Some topics include:
– The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss (I’m not the only one that found this panel at SXSW to be a life changing experience.)
– Lucky Oliver
– Camera Equipment – both camera body and other equipment
– Photoshop CS2 Actions
– Co-working in Houston and beyond
– Best Practices for Blogging
So much to do! Sleep? It is overrated. 😉
OH! And just a reminder … have you gotten any exercise today? Just stop what you are doing and take 20 minutes for yourself. Go for a walk. Do an exercise video. Lift weights. Run. Whatever – but MAKE the time to exercise.