Oh my God! Oh my God! Did you see the finale of The Amazing Race??? OH MY GOD!!!
(This is the part where you STOP READING if you don’t want to know yet who won. I have a TiVo, I understand.)
Here is my take on the whole thing:
– You could see Ron & Kelly falling apart. Other than the season with the chick who truly did not deserve to win, any time a team falls apart like that, they are out of the running. I was never a big fan of them, but once Kelly made the “yeah, and you got out of your commitment with the Army by being a POW” comment, I was completely over them.
– I didn’t like Rob & Amber. They held things together well as a team, and they were always very supportive of one another. Rob just seemed to manipulate things a bit too much. I know, I know, it was a race. Not a place to make new friends, but a chance to win a million dollars. Still, you don’t have to be an ass about it.
– Uchenna & Joyce? They were my homies and I didn’t even know it until tonight! How did I miss that fact? When they were begging for money at the airport, Uchenna told someone that he was from Houston, Texas and Jason & I both did a double-take. What?! They are from Houston? Get OUT! But back to the race. From the beginning, it was clear they were in it to win. They were always so loving and supportive of one another, cheering each other on. Not only that – they took the time to cheer on other teams too. I mean, how sweet was it when Uchenna wanted to try to help out Meredith & Gretchen during the leg they were eliminated on? I thought that showed a lot of character. It showed even more character when they sat there, basically *at* the finish line, and wouldn’t finish the race until they had enough money to pay the cab driver. If it had been me, I think I would have told the guy, “Look, we’re going to go win a million dollars – then we will be back to pay you!” But they didn’t. They took the time to get the cash to pay him. I was screaming at the TV by that point (along with Jason) that they should just go in! But they did the right thing, as they had all along, and they got the money for the cab driver. I was *so* thrilled that they won. I cried over it even. Especially when they said they were going to use the money to try to have a baby, and if they couldn’t, they were going to adopt a baby. I mean, how fabulous is that? They WON!!! THEY WON!!!
Now for some other observations:
– It seems like the people that like Rob & Amber are the same people that watch Survivor. Is that correct? And the people that didn’t like them, don’t like Survivor. I never wanted them to win. I had accepted the fact that they might win, but I didn’t want them to win.
– WHAT were Brian & Greg thinking with that facial hair at the finish line? It was terrible! Almost as ugly as the outfits they were wearing when they got eliminated. Bad, bad, bad. Ugh. Nice looking guys, but a terrible choice on the facial hair.
– As much as I liked Uchenna and Joyce, I didn’t like Joyce’s hair. Was it just me, or did it look like a bad weave? Now that she has a million dollars, I guess she can do whatever she wants to with it to fix it, although I still think she looks good bald.
Whew. That final leg was a whirlwind, but the second that Uchenna and Joyce got on that flight with Rob & Amber, I hoped the tables had finally turned. I’m still buzzing from all the joy I got from watching them win!