It has been a crazy week, from Sunday evening through today. Here is the rundown:
– Sunday I went to the emergency room because around 4:00 in the afternoon the left side of my face started to go numb. This is not normally a good sign. Add to that the fact that I have borderline high blood pressure which has been wonky ever since the carpal tunnel/shoulder thing started this summer (cortisone, NSAIDs, it has been a ton of fun), and I was pretty nervous about it. After a cat scan to rule out a stroke or anything else serious, it turned out to be nothing. *whew* However, while I was at the ER my blood pressure went up to close to 200/120, after being 150/100 when I came in to the ER. Which led to …
– I skipped my Chemistry quiz on Monday morning and spent a few hours on the phone finding a better doctor to go to. I then went to class, although I was only there physically. My mind was off in space. I had a 2:00 appointment with a new doctor who is a cardiology and internal medicine specialist, and I really liked her. For the first time in years, I feel like someone actually wants to get to the root of a lot of strange things going on physically. She didn’t make me feel like I was completely neurotic, even though I know I can be, so it was a good day. I have more testing coming up on December 2nd.
– Tuesday I got my last Algebra test back – 96.5! Whoo hoo! However, I could tell I was still battling some sort of bug because I was so drained.
– Wednesday my Chemistry teacher made a point of asking me if I was feeling ok – she said that I looked super tired. I felt it too. After I left class I went by Twisted Yarns to check on the stock of Kureyon for daysies. When I got home, I crashed. I slept for about 4 hours, and then managed to get up, eat dinner, and crash again.
– Thursday – Happy Thanksgiving! Fortunately, I was feeling better. My Mom cooked a fabulous meal – I don’t normally like turkey that much, but it was so delicious! Everything else was wonderful too – I’m still craving more of the stuffing. Mmmm… Afterwards we went through the Black Friday ads and I picked out the things I was going to go shopping for this morning. Matter of fact, I didn’t bother going to sleep – at 2:30 am I realized I would never get back up in time to make it to the stores.
– I went to Wal-Mart at 4:30 this morning, after staying up all night. Then to Circuit City, then to Office Depot, and then to Kohl’s. I finally made it back home around 9 am. I got most of what I wanted to get, although obviously not at the stores I went to first. (I bought nothing at Wal-Mart and Circuit City.) I slept until 1:30, and now I still feel like a zombie. Ugh.
Back to the pretty pictures. So much easier to focus on instead of words right now.