I’ve been busy, busy, busy!
– Presentation for honors day is ready, speech and powerpoint is done. Just have to pick out what I am going to wear and show up.
– Most of my research for the Biology project is done. (Still on campus right now because I was working on it.) Just have to put it in a better format and send off to lab partner to make the presentation.
– Most of my notes for the next podcast are done, and if I get home from the guild meeting early enough tonight I will record the show.
– Have to shoot one last roll of film for photography class – night picture, picture of a person by a window, and a reflection photo. (Something in a reflective surface.) Have ideas for all three, just need to take them.
– Study, study, study – lots of tests next week!
I also need to take pictures of my new YARN and some of my new prints from class. But not right now – it is time to go KNOT! (Knitters North of Town, the local chapter of KANG, the Knit at Night Guild.)
Notice how I said that my lab partner is making our presentation for next Tuesday? Yeah. I’m giving up control. I didn’t realize just how much of a control freak I am about things like this until yesterday, when I was working with my honor’s project partner on our presentation for tomorrow. I resisted the temptation to say it was just all wrong when I saw how “wordy” the slides were, but man … it was hard. I knew I had issues with liking things done a certain way, but I didn’t realize it was quite that bad! Ugh. I really must work on that. I do not need to obsess and control everything. The world is not going to fall apart if the slides do not look exactly like I want them to look. So for Biology, I am resisting the urge to try to take over and control everything with the attitude of “if it isn’t done my way it isn’t right.” I mean, I don’t cope very well when I am treated that way by other people, so it is time to stop doing it myself! (I also let my perfectionism stand in my way of completing things, because what if I do it wrong? But really, no, I don’t have issues. Nuh uh. Nope.)
I feel like I don’t know if I’m coming or going these days! Just 13 more days! 13 more days!