Then it’s time for the Friday Five from smattering.org!
1. Do you have any rituals or ways that you celebrate autumn (or spring for those in the southern hemisphere)? Decorating a pumpkin for Halloween & putting out the other Halloween decorations. I don’t like to carve our pumpkins because with the nasty humidity here they get all gross & rot! Ewwww…
2. Do you observe Halloween, Samhain, and/or All Saints’ Day? Halloween and this year All Saint’s Day will take on new meaning because that was my Grandfather’s birthday, although I have always recognized it in a prayerful way.
3. Carve pumpkins or paint them? Paint. I hate getting all the goop out of the inside (although I love roasted pumpkin seeds) and they rot too fast here in our humidity.
4. If you observe trick-or-treating, what will you be handing out at the door this year? No, I will be out trick or treating with Jason! Since we live at the front of my parent’s neighborhood we go to their annual Halloween parade & party and then trick-or-treat here in their neighborhood while they pass out candy to the little munchkins.
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? Hopefully a trip to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to catch the last of the Vikings: The North Atlantic Saga exhibit. Just annoyed that it is $13 for the two of us to go to that! Although on one page it says “Additional Ticket Required” and then on the ticket price page it says that the tickets include admission to the main exhibit hall too, so I guess I will survive. If we get paid tonight through direct deposit I am going to just get a museum membership. Then admission is free. Other than that our weekend will consist of the usual housework, some design work I have to finish up, and just chillin’!