Tonight I got shut down by an attack of the GERD, so this post is not full of photos as I had planned for it to be. On a positive note, the incomplete Cable Twist sock is now done, and I will wear it to class tomorrow on my right foot, while I wear my air cast on my left foot. Seems that the “you can stop wearing it in 3 weeks” statement from my doctor before wasn’t quite accurate, and I still have swelling around my ligaments in my left ankle, so I am supposed to wear it whenever I walk any distance for the next month. I have to wear a full sock under it, so I’ll wear an ugly white sock on my left foot, and my pretty red one on the right. That shouldn’t earn me too many crazy looks, right?
On to the Kid n Ewe Guest List! In addition to myself and Julia, we had:
– Katy Blogless
– Nan C.
– Linda, Sister of Janna
– Jody, Friend of Janna (and new knitter!)
– Susan (along with Ken)
– Jene No Blog
– Jane, whose blog URL I did not write down
Did you see who was missing? Stalker Angie! Seriously, if any event needed a knit stalker, it was this one. I mean, there were throngs of knitters everywhere. But no Stalker Angie. I was bummed. Ok, really, I was bummed about everyone who was unable to make it, but we all noticed the missing stalker.
I also have to give HUGE PROPS to the gracious donors of door prizes:
– Caro of Splityarn – business card holders and a needle case
– Jeanette Selleck, Fancy Stitcher – embroidered sock bag (contact me if you want to purchase one – they are super handy!)
– Brooks Farm Yarn – two lovely skeins of their Riata yarn
– Discount Yarn Sales – eight (8!) skeins of Hill Country Sock Yarn
– Hockett Would Work – a beautiful wood carved drop spindle
Thank you again to everyone for coming out – it was a really great time! I only wish I would have had more time to sit & visit with everyone. We are just going to have to start having knitter retreats or something like that – giant slumber parties that last 2 or 3 days in order to get all of the socializing in! Who is up for that?